Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Engineer[_3_] Engineer[_3_] is offline

Default Canon Powershot G@ Won't power up

On Jul 25, 10:57*am, JR North wrote:
I contacted Canon service, I could tell from the site application for
repair they already know what's wrong with it- gave an estimate $149
without even seeing it. So I pussyed out and sent it in. 1 week
turnaround; it's on it's way back now. Im sure I would have just
screwed it up taking it apart, with no hope of repair anyway. Prolly
needed a syscon chip or pcb-which I couldn't get anyway.
JR

I bought this camera new in '03; has worked flawlessly up till now. I

hasn't been dropped, gotten wet, etc. I use it alot. Now, suddenly, it
won't turn on. Swapped batteries, tried the charger
connection-nothing. Any thoughts, known faults, etc before I tear it
apart?
JR
HOME PAGE:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Last time I looked Canon just send back a refurbished camera - check
the s/n.
Quite a good service if fixing is economical... normally it isn't as
you can get a better new camera for little more than the "repair"
money. I had a Powershot fail last year... just gave it to an electro-
optical wiz kid at work to salvage bits and bought a new and better
one.
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers,