Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Hot Porch Roof

On Jul 25, 3:47*pm, Tony wrote:
I have a large front porch with a roof about 8 feet up. *It is open on
the bottom so you see the sheathing and joists (2x6's). *When the sun is
on it the heat really radiates down to the porch area making it hot as
hell even though you are in the shade.

I am considering putting up a "ceiling" but good circulation won't be
easy without a fan. *The porch roof extends about 10 feet over the
original roof and shingles of the house so I suppose I could close it up
and add a fan. *If I do it I'm thinking of using 3.5" insulation so
there is plenty of room for air circulation between the insulation and
the sheathing.

Any other ideas before I get broiled?

Tony

Obama says white paint everything