Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default UPS: "Do not connect laser printer..."

William Sommerwerck wrote:
The original HP inkjet printer was called a Thinkjet -- thermal inkjet.

I guess one should never assume that a product name is a non sequitur
invented by some marketing droid; I never thought to parse 'Thinkjet'
as you did

I still bristle at names like 'Verizon' and 'Vonage', both of which
I pronounced incorrectly until I heard salesfolk using them (Verizon
like the the river Amazon or the modeling school Barbizon, with the
accent on the first syllable and Vonage with the accent on the second
syllable and a soft 'g' ala 'bon voyage'). It still amazes me to hear
some people pronouncing 'daemon' as 'daymon' and 'Debian' as
'day bee an' -- Debian is a concatenation of 'Deb and Ian'.

Michael

Michael

I don't know what system HP currently uses.