Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Running water line/conduit

In article , Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 14:47:22 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Bruce L. Bergman

wrote:

That's what I do every time - Put a 90 sweep in the trench and land
it vertically on the face of the footing wall, then duck into the
house above ground.

That's fine for the electrical -- but what about his water line?

Stryped's IP address puts him in northern Kentucky. Not exactly a cold
climate, but definitely cold enough that an exposed water line *will* freeze
in winter.

Right - Which is why I gave him a few options to select from.

The simplest being to bury TWO insulated copper pipes (hard foam
insulation sleeving) below the frost line - one Hot water and one Cold
water. Then you put one of the "Instant Hot" wet-rotor circulating
pumps in the garage that runs water out the Hot pipe and into the Cold
until it gets Hot, then shuts off till it gets Cool again.

If it's below the frost line, there's no need for either insulation or a
recirculator -- it won't freeze regardless.
[...]
Oh, and Doug? You never said how to write a URL for lmgtfy. You
just put the operation at the end of the string and it auto-runs?

Type the search parameters, click the Google Search button, then hover your
mouse pointer over the link it creates for you -- another button will appear,
labelled "TinyURL". Click that.