Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default measuring frost line / ground temps

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:22:23 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

30cm averages:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/...ukmapavge.html

That's neat!

My lowest average 300mm soil temp. is 4-5deg.C in February.

Might be be worth trying to find 100cm temperatures, they are
recorded but my quick search didn't produce those. 30cm temps vary
quite a bit summer/winter and are of interest to growers. Down at
100cm the temp is higher (in the winter) than 30cm and is much more
stable summer/winter.

The EA might have river water temps from their monitor stations,
though generally they are more intrested in flow rates than temp.

--
Cheers
Dave.