Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default 10 Things your contractor won't tell you

"WhiteTea" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote

ALWAYS sides with the homeowner regardlees of the facts even going so far
as
to blaming the contractor for "not explaining things clearly"...Check out
the responses to the story....LOL...

Overly picky or perfectionists customers are quite a challenge.
Percentage wise, they are a small group.
I charge them more on any subsequent jobs for what I term "hazardous
duty pay."
I also give a heads-up to other contractors. :-)

LOL! Andy, we are the flip side of that. My reputation is well known
locally (passed by word of mouth). First time, they give me the normal
rate. Next time, I get a reduced rate and seem to bump other folks back
down the list. It's simple really. I'm polite, nice, pay on time (even
running to the bank for cash once in hard times on payday for a smaller
outfit just starting out. Registered and all legal, just short on cash and
preferred no delay as bank transactions took place). But the killer reason?

I feed the troops ;-) They fight over me because while I call myself a
'good cook' they tend to insert 'fantastic @%^#& cook- GOTTA Have that Job
on MY set Boss!!!!' I send'em home with fresh bread not even cold yet from
the breadmaker, and whatever else. Last time I had a big group, (9 guys) I
made 15 lbs of pulled pork, 1 gallon of 'japanese coleslaw' (an unsweet
type, oniony vice sugary), 4 loaves (2 lb each) of bread, 2 apple
crumb-cakes, carmelized onions with fresh whole green beans and sesame seed,
and I forget what else.

What folks forget is this works both ways. Good reps from contractors about
customers who don't abuse them are golden! And hey, I love to cook! It's
certainly not painful to get 200$ knocked off the bill and spend 50$ of that
largess to feed'em!

Um, folks following this, it doesnt work if you cant really *cook*. We
aint talking frozen totino's pizza nuked semi-warm.....