Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Harry Stottle[_4_] Harry Stottle[_4_] is offline

Default Hoover Washer Dryer HSWD 126

"Johnti" wrote in message
m...
Johnti had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...26-185079-.htm
:

Hi Mat,

Seems we may have the same problem as you did with our Hoover HSWD126
dryer ie. no heat in the dryer and need to re-set the tripped thermostat.

Did you (or anyone) find out how to check/clean the condensor? If so I
would be obliged if you could please pass on the brief details of how to
do this.

If this is a common problem, which it appears to be, and the condenser is
not user serviceable, then it would probably be classed as an inbuilt fault
from manufacture, (a fault waiting to happen) which is just the sort of
problem the sale of goods act covers. If you go to the BBC Watchdog site on
the following link, you should find some advice on the right way to
complain, and hopefully get the retailer to sort out the problem as it is
their responsibility under the sale of goods act, not the manufacturers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/consumer_advice/