Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default CD Player (earlier thread)

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 13:05:56 UTC, "John"
wrote:

Thanks to your encouragement - I bought a new laser pickup off e-bay.
Fitted
it today (10 mins and only one screw left over) and it works fine - it
even
now plays CDs made on the PC which it never managed previously.

Glad to hear it....another DIY success!

http://www.diybanter.com

I spoke too soon. Worked well - skipped a couple of times so I thought I
would slacken off the spring anti-backlash device on the rack. Re-assembled
it - and it buzzed a bit - smell of something hot and it was dead. I suspect
the drawer motor may have been near the end of its travel and it overloaded
something. Tape decks dead and light on volume knob is dead. Tuner works!