Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Biscut jointer Q's

krw wrote:

"Latteral" was a poor choice of words on my part. I meant that the
edge alignment is off by as much as 1/64" either way. That is, the
biscuit rattles from top to bottom (board laying flat) in the slot
about 1/64".

I think this would be fine by me. I don't recall every joining two
boards that needed no sanding. 1/128th on each side would make me happy.

Side to side the slop is at least 1/8", maybe 1/4".

I don't believe this matters. I saw our buddy Norm build an exterior
door and he used floating tenons and there was 1/4" at least on each
side. He said it didn't matter as far as strength was concerned. I
believe him.

--
Jack
Using FREE News Server: http://www.eternal-september.org/