Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default homebrew degreasant

In article om,
Jules wrote:
What with a very oily engine sitting on the bench awaiting clean up,
thought I'd ask - are there any good 'homebrew' recipes for liquid
degreasant?

I used to really like Gunk, but you can't get it on this side of the
Atlantic, and I've not been able to find any brush-on equivalent (the
Goop paste seems to work really well for hands, and I found
something-or-other in a spray can at the store yesterday which I've yet
to try, but some brush-on stuff ala Gunk would be nice)

I use petrol for this. Cheaper than Gunk and more effective. Best to do it
outdoors, though. Might need a couple of goes - changing the petrol when
it's dirty.

--
*Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.