Posted to uk.d-i-y
RubberBiker RubberBiker is offline

Default Structured Wiring Systems - new wiki article

Thanks for an excellent article John - and for me,timely!

Regarding video distribution - what are the pluses/minuses of using
HDMI rather than cat5e ?

Would it be worth saying something about terrestrial tv/satellite tv/
coax/distribution amps?

Is it practical to incorporate a coax patch panel in the same rack
along with a distribution amp?

What about cabling in home cinema?

Are any domestic fire alarm/intruder alarm systems readily compatible
with structured wiring?

It might be worth linking to useful wikipedia articles, e.g.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat5e

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structured_cabling

and to mention the relevance of cat6:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_6_cable

I appreciate that's a considerable expansion from the original scope -
but even one sentence on each topic to raise awareness makes a
difference (and hopefully later returns a fully-crafted article from
another reader!).