Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Structured Wiring Systems - new wiki article

In article ,
"Graham." writes:

I have only had a quick look but it seems excellent work.
Something needs to be said about solid vs. stranded UTP.
A section about making patch-leads.

What would your opinion be about advising someone who
is DIYing their own installation, and also making a number of
patch leads to buy stranded UTP, and use it for both permanent wiring
and patches, as stranded does krone OK?

Patch leads are so cheap (if bought from the right places)
that I struggle to think anyone would normally make them.
(Having said that, I do occasionally make them, but only
for very strange reasons, not for bog-standard patches.)

--
Andrew Gabriel