Posted to rec.woodworking
Artemus[_2_] Artemus[_2_] is offline

Default Biscut jointer Q's

"krw" wrote

I was hoping I could use the biscuits for alignment. That's not
happening so I might just as well skip them. BTW, the plywood and
edging is 3/4" (nominal 23/32").

Instead of using the front handle of the 557, hold your hand against the
top of the fence to secure it down on the ply. If you're still getting too
much slop and the edging ends up lower than the face veneer, add a layer
of masking tape to the bottom of the fence for cutting the ply. Remove it
prior to cutting the edging. This will raise the edging by the thickness of the
tape. Be sure to index the 557 from the faces of both pieces.
Art