Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg O[_2_] Greg O[_2_] is offline

Default Shop floor epoxy coatings

"Jordan" wrote in message
stryped wrote:

I am guesssing the floor will be slicker so I will have a harder time
using my ramps on the mustang to change the oil. Any ideas on that?

The no-buck solution to making a no-slip surface on boats was to mix some
sand in with the paint. Possibly a bit rough for your garage floor, but
might warrant some experiment with say ground glass? The size of particles
should be greater than the paint film, or they'd just sink to the bottom
and wouldn't do anything useful.

Jordan

I would not put sand in the mix ever, not in the epoxy, or spread it on
afterwards! Sand in the finish makes the floor terrible to clean. I have
done floors with sand, and without, never again will I use sand! If you have
a traffic area that you are concerned with straction, buy a floor mat for
that area. Insde the door, by the work bench, but for God's sake, do not put
any sand on the floor!!