Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Running water line/conduit

In article , stryped wrote:
I will need to run water line/conduit from the crawlspace of my house
to my shop I am building. Is it permissable/possible to run it under
the footer/foundation? and if so how in the world do I do that? I dug
about 10 inches down against the foundation wall and hit a concrete
ledge which I assume is the footer.

Can I dig to the enge of this then somehow drive a metal pipe sideways
to reach under the house?

or is it better/proper to somehow drill a hole in the foundation
block?

Your IP address suggests that you're in the area of Brandenburg KY, which is
plenty far enough north that you'd damn well better put your water line a
*lot* farther underground than ten inches if you expect it to not freeze and
burst before Christmas.

If so what do I use?

This may be of some help: http://tinyurl.com/lx5hec

I appreciate your help! I am using 3/4 pvc for the water line. Running
conduit in sch 40 conduit. (The plastic stuff.

Make sure the wires you run in the conduit are rated for underground use.
Standard NM-B ("Romex") cable is **not** permitted underground, even in
conduit.