Posted to uk.d-i-y
Charles Fearnley[_2_] Charles Fearnley[_2_] is offline

Default Structured Wiring Systems - new wiki article

"John Rumm" wrote in message
As usual, for your delectation / derision etc:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?..._wiring_system

Feel free to comment here or make mods to the article itself.

An excellent new page John, which I wish I'd seen before starting my own
(currently incomplete) structured wiring.

One small possible addition/clarification to the telecoms section - LAUs are
mentioned, as the standard method of adapting phones with BT plugs to the
RJ45 sockets. However, the majority of currently available phones are in
fact two wire phones, which with a suitable cable (RJ11 to RJ11 or RJ45) can
be plugged straight in, and will work fine with simple (non PBX) phone
systems. Older three wire phones will indeed need a LAU in order for ringing
to occur correctly. This might be worth mentioning?

Charles F