Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shed Base

OG wrote:
"Arthur 51" wrote in message
Hi.
I have ordered a metal shed thats 1.5m square.
I don't want to dig up the paving stones to build a concrete base
so I'm going to use decking joists and boards.
I also think its an ok idea to buy extra joist lengths to screw down
on top of the decking platform to provide extra headroom.

Anyone got any suggestions/warnings on this idea?

You'll need to make sure that it's well anchored to the ground as per the
assembly instructions, otherwise it is likely to blow away.

I've never done more that rest sheds on beeares on brick or concrete slabs.

In 50 years never had one blow away.