Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bath's pedestal sink

On Jul 24, 1:13*pm, "h" wrote:
"Othermails_08" wrote in message

I remodeled my small half-bath. *I received a hand-me-down pedestal
sink (still in a very good condition) so I'm planning to have it
installed.

The plumber told me the sink doesn't have a set of "brackets" to tie
the sink to the wall (the sink will sit on top of its stand). *He said
each sink comes with is "unique" brackets and I need to get a new set
of sink/stand because he can't use the ones I have.

Is that true? *I don't want to spend over one hundred of dollars to
get a new sink/stand if I can only spend few dollars for the hardware
to tie the sink to the wall.

If you already have brackets, why won't they work? Do they not fit the sink?
Get a straight answer from him.

There are a number of different brackets to fasten pedistal sinks to
the walls. Normally they do come with the sink. Any chance you could
Otherwise you either have to get one or fabricate one. The plumber is
not so likely to fabricate one though he might have others left over
that could be altered to work. You might need a more generalize home
handyman instead of a plumber.