Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Biscut jointer Q's

"krw" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:28:52 -0700, "CW"
wrote:

I have a biscuit joiner that gets used maybe once a year. It's good for
alignment if +- 1/64 is close enough. For edging, such as you are doing, I
wouldn't use it. There are more accurate ways. I really don't find the
biscuit joiner to be much use.

Seems to be two schools of thought; love 'em or hate 'em. Thought I'd
see which side I came down on. What type of joint would you use for
edging? BTW, the edge board I'm doing is about 4" wide; a little less
after I rip everything down to final size.

snip

I've done quite a bit of edge joining for making table tops, that sort of
thing, and never had a problem with biscuits but I can't recall ever joining
anything less than 3/4" thick. For an edge along side plywood I just glue
the edge in place. No biscuits, no tongue and groove) No problems.

Max