Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default OT Poll: U.S. image improves under Obama

On 2009-07-24, RBnDFW wrote:
So, it's your money and you think the government is a better steward of
it? do they not have newspapers on your planet?

He was talking about Social Security money.

Right. Our money.

Giving it to Wall Street to manage, does not seem like a good
solution, for obvious reasons. (the money will end up being stolen by
legal means).

He was talking about allowing individuals to designate part of it
(half?) to a self-directed fund with limited options, slightly more
risk, but higher likelihood of returns. Still way better than the
current options - zero.

I'll save my own money, invest as I see fit, and accept the result
without whining.

The second part of this is always more difficult than it seems.

I lost 95% of my Roth account in the last year.
I'll be OK.