Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gel Gel is offline

Default homebrew degreasant

On 24 July, 14:37, "Keith W"
wrote:
"Jules" wrote in message

news

What with a very oily engine sitting on the bench awaiting clean up,
thought I'd ask - are there any good 'homebrew' recipes for liquid
degreasant?

Assume you're Stateside?

See
http://www.gunk.com/prod_photo.asp?img=LG_CL128.jpg

I have used Jeyes Fluid in past but haven't had need for years;
whether current formualtion is up to job I'm not certain.

I used to really like Gunk, but you can't get it on this side of the
Atlantic, and I've not been able to find any brush-on equivalent (the Goop
paste seems to work really well for hands, and I found something-or-other
in a spray can at the store yesterday which I've yet to try, but some
brush-on stuff ala Gunk would be nice)

I have vague recollections of my father using paraffin and a paint brush on
his old motorcycle engine although I can't remember whether he added
anything, though I think not.
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames