Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur 51 Arthur 51 is offline

Default Shed Base

On 24 July, 12:02, "Roger Mills" wrote:
Arthur 51 *wrote:

On 24 July, 11:15, "Roger Mills" wrote:
Arthur 51 wrote:

Hi.
I have ordered a metal shed thats 1.5m square.
I don't want to dig up the paving stones to build a concrete base
so I'm going to use decking joists and boards.
I also think its an ok idea to buy extra joist lengths to screw down
on top of the decking platform to provide extra headroom.

Anyone got any suggestions/warnings on this idea?

Thanks.

Arthur

Why not use the paving stones as the base - do you really need a
wooden floor? You can still raise the shed on joists if you want
extra height. --
Cheers,
Roger

Thanks, Roger.
I thought about slabs but I probably won't keep the shed permanently.
If I build a removable base from the decking timbers then I can take
the shed down
and the base can be lifted as a unit when I sell it in the future.

Thanks.

Arthur

But I assumed that you already had paving stones in place - the ones you
said you didn't want to dig up?
--

yes. But there is some slope to the surface.