Posted to alt.home.repair
justalurker . justalurker . is offline

Default TDS is Higher with Water Softener - Why?

On Jul 23, 8:02*pm, homerlex wrote:
Where do you get the water to test? *My guess is that sitting overnight in
the piping or the tank, it is picking up something from them.

The water I test is from the kitchen sink. I just tested now (after a
day of the facet being used) and TDS is still over 900.

Should I even be concerned about the TDS in the softened water as long
as the RO is doing its job?

homerlex,

You should be more concerned that hardness is leaking through and your
water is not soft.

A correctly sized, properly set up, and correctly operating softener
should provide "0" hardness water all the way till regeneration.

Your Hague service person should have caught that and corrected the
problem.