Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Biscut jointer Q's

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:34:46 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

snip

2. Is the PC jointer supposed to sound like a coffee grinder?

Probably not but they do.

I would have expected the sound from HF, but not a "high end" jointer like
the
PC.

These days PC is middle of the road. I have 2 PC plate joiners. If you
want "high end" look at Lamello. Lamello is about the only "high end" plate
joiner.

http://www.lamello.com/en/products/w...ng-system.html

I'm a little familiar with it. The PC wasn't cheap (over $200) and I
am a disappointed in its operation. It really does sound like it has
bad bearings. My guess is it's a cheap worm gear in the right angle
drive.

I can't feel any slop in the bearings so I don't think this
accounts for any slop, but thought I'd ask.

Biscuits tend to be extremely inconsistent in thickness.

They all seem sloppy.