Leon

Default Grizzly or Delta unisaw

"Casey O'Connor" wrote in message
news:Pfnrb.2707$jt.1664@okepread05...
Im looking at buying a Grizzly 1023s unisaw but a friend of mine at work
mentioned that I should re-think my purchase because of the bearings used
throughout the internal components. He mentioned that Delta uses more
smaller bearings which in turn will make the tool last longer.

I am no engeneer but did your friend explain how smaller bearings equate to
longer life? It has been my experience that larger bearings tend to last
longer. Perhaps a better quality bearing will last longer than a lessor
quality bearing but I would find it hare to swallow that smaller bearing
last longer than larger bearings.

The better
the bearings the smoother the arbor etc. Does anyone out there own a
Grizzly, I know the Delta unisaw is an amazing tool, but its $700 more