Sweet Sawdust

Default Grizzly or Delta unisaw

I have the Grizzly 1023z. No problems, have used the Delta unisaw and the
Jet and find the Grizzly compares well with both, each have strength and
weaknesses. On Grizzly tools I have had bearing problems (Have had similar
bearing problems on Delta and Jet products also) The Griz bearings were
mostly off shelf bearings that could be picked up at NAPA and were easy to
replace, One exception was a bearing that had to be specially ordered. All
of the Jet and Delta bearings were special order items. In all but one
case, with all brands the tools that had bearing failure were tools that had
been used harder then they were designed to be used. In retrospect I would
go with the Grizzly tools in respect to bearings, they are easier to replace
and hold up as well or better the Delta and Jet tools I have used. If cost
were not a factor I would buy the Jet saw first, the Grizzly second and the
Delta third, for the cost it would be the Grizzly first by a wide margin.
Total number of Grizzly bearings replaced in last 5 years 2 number of Delta
bearings replaced in last 5 years 4 number of Jet bearings replaced in last
5 years 1 all on sanders and drill presses, not all of them mine by the way,
and all tools used on a daily basis.
"Casey O'Connor" wrote in message
Im looking at buying a Grizzly 1023s unisaw but a friend of mine at work
mentioned that I should re-think my purchase because of the bearings used
throughout the internal components. He mentioned that Delta uses more
smaller bearings which in turn will make the tool last longer. The better
the bearings the smoother the arbor etc. Does anyone out there own a
Grizzly, I know the Delta unisaw is an amazing tool, but its $700 more