Posted to alt.home.repair
K K is offline

Default Best way to get spots out of a carpet?

"K" wrote in message

Phisherman wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:57:16 -0400, LouB wrote:

Best way to get spots out of a tan carpet?

From experience please.

TIA

Lou

Different procedure for different spots and different cleaners for
different carpets is my personal experience. But I have yet to find
a spot I can not remove, that is, if the spot is at all removable.

I'll have some experience tomorrow. Our spots are from a lenient wife
with a dog she can't say no to, so mostly dogfood-related I think. We
have a machine here that I don't know how to work, but I've already
squirted the worst spots (drool?) with Spray and Wash. I'll figure it
out, and report my success (I hope)

Keith

Well, the carpet machine didn't do the job on a lot of spots, so I let it
dry until today and tried spraying first with Spray and Wash, then club
soda. I scrubbed with a brush, and lo-and-behold, all but the worst stains
are completely gone after another once-over with the machine.

It's funny, because the stains that remain are the ones I thought would be
easier, but all the really dark ones are gone completely. I'll see if I can
find something to go after the remaining stains with when everything is dry
again.