Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default UPS: "Do not connect laser printer..."

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
And we have the brass neck to lecture *our* kids about responsible
behaviour
!! When I relate some of these tales of schoolboy pranks to my kids,

they
can't believe what a bad lot we were back then ... :-))

Simply repeating the common pattern of the last few thousand years, I
think. The younger generation is *always* reckless and irresponsible,
hell-bent on disaster, and disrespectful of the wisdom of their elders
(from the POV of the elders), and the elders are conservative
hypocritical stick-in-the-muds who have forgotten how to live and who
are obviously guilty for completely yngvi'ing up the world (from the
POV of the younger set).

It's been that way at least since Aristotle, and probably a whole lot
longer than that.

I suspect you speak the truth Dave ...

Sorry, but I disagree. The US has been on a downhill path ever since it
decided, after WWII, that children would rule this country.

Oh, I don't dispute that overall, standards seem to be dropping for the
reason you give, and probably others as well. Same sort of thing here. I was
just agreeing with the general principles of how every generation knows
better than the one coming up, and the one coming up blames the previous one
for all the shortcomings of the world, and treats them as though they know
nothing about life when you're young ...

Arfa