Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default mount small to large shaft

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 07:49:26 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I got a SNAFU in my project...

I need to mount a 10 tooth .200 pitch timing pulley to a 3/8 shaft on my
servo motor. I bored the pulley yesterday before I noticed there's not
enough meat left for a key, let alone set screws.

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to mount this pulley. Press fit? silver
solder? I've got NO experience with silver solder, which kind? Other ideas?

Karl

Just clean pulley and shaft and then use Loctite 603 or a close relative. I
use it with no problems both on pulleys and to drive 5" dia 4340 blanks on
1/2" drill rod arbour. Works well enough to take .050" cuts with nice blue
chips :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM