Bob G

Default Dust Collectors; what micron size on bag?

If you really want good air inside your shop (and it's not freezing
outside), why not put the DC outside and not be bothered with filter
effciency at all? Lumber mills mostly have their DC outside...
Dr. Juergen Hannappel

\
================================
Actually I have been giving that thought some attention the last week... I
just stuck a 16x6 foot "deck" behing my shop just to use some "stray" but
used lumber that came my way last summer... It seemed to me that adding a
4x4 or so enclosed closet outside on this deck would solve both the dust
problem inside the shop PLUS free up a
a little more space inside (actually more important)...

My wife however is questing me about doing this...because before she retired
she worked in the Lab at an Aluminum manufacturer and their dust collectors
were locsated outside the lab and were constantely being clogged because of
moisture "gumming" up the DC (mostly carbon dust in this case)

Any thoughs on this ?

Bob Griffiths