Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Calif Bill[_2_] Calif Bill[_2_] is offline

Default Mach 3 Crashing PC

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I have not fired up my mini mill for a couple weeks, but I need to
engrave some replacement number chips for a club I help run. Anyway,
turned ont he PC and started my controller the other day, and I have been
dinking with it off and on for about a week now.

Nothign seems to be wrong with the PC. All other software works. AVAST
says it has a clean bill of health. Memory tests are ok, but when I
start Mach 3 the PC reboots. Not always instantly, but everytime.

Following diagnostics were done.

Memory test
Re-install Mach 3
Install latest version of Mach 3
Unplug controller from LPT port
Start Mach 3 with different setup file.

Still crashes. I can run multiple other aps... no crash.

HELP!!!

I just do not get it unless my parallel port is just plain damaged and
causing the problem with the driver.

I nuked the machine and started from scratch.
Memory tested,
New hard drive, (found nothing wrong with the old one but just in case)
Fresh installation of Windows,
Clean fresh installation of Mach 3

Everything seems to work just fine and then when I start Mach 3 the system
reboots. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Monitor the voltage to the PC when the Mach 3 starts. Maybe there is a
short in the Mach 3 pulling down the voltage.