Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Foot pedal to flush toilet cistern

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 04:51:37 -0700, Matty F wrote:
The extractor fan would have to be very large to stop the cave wetas
from coming out. I discussed all this a while ago.
These are about actual size on a 17 inch monitor:

http://i43.tinypic.com/6sxvv4.jpg

I can believe that - a few years back I was doing restoration work at a
subterranean site in NZ, and the Wetas we used to see down there were
pretty enormous. Not something you'd really want to encounter in a
toilet :-)

Oh, if you want to keep it really simple, run a bit of chain from the
tank to a pulley at floor level outside, then through a hole in the back
wall to the stall. Anchor the chain somewhere within the stall; stepping
on it should operate the flush. The pedal's far too luxurious!

cheers

Jules