Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Foot pedal to flush toilet cistern

On Jul 23, 11:36 pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message

On Jul 23, 10:57 pm, Stuart B wrote:

Heath Robinson is fine - it's basically a glorified pit toilet with a
flush device to wash the flap between the user and the pit!

Sounds delightful!!!

I think it looks OK:
http://i43.tinypic.com/288mfwm.jpg

But the type of toilet is irrelevant - for hygiene reasons I'd like a
foot pedal to flush the cistern.
The next projects are a handbasin and a solar powered electric light.

How about removing the flap and using your solar power to operate an
extractor fan to keep the smells going down the pan.
Then you can put some sawdust down occasionally and make a composting
toilet.

The extractor fan would have to be very large to stop the cave wetas
from coming out. I discussed all this a while ago.
These are about actual size on a 17 inch monitor:

http://i43.tinypic.com/6sxvv4.jpg