Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart B[_4_] Stuart B[_4_] is offline

Default Foot pedal to flush toilet cistern

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 03:45:45 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
wrote:

On Jul 23, 10:35 pm, Stuart B wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 23:29:54 -0700 (PDT), Matty F

wrote:
At the moment the cistern is flushed by pulling on a cord threaded
through the wall. The cistern is outside on the back wall because
there is no room for it inside. The cord will get somewhat unhygienic
so I'd like to change it to have a foot pedal. Has anyone used a food
pedal to flush a toilet? It will need to work with mud and crap on it,
probably literally! It's used by some messy people and I get there
only once a month to clean it.

I'm thinking of just running the cord around four pulleys, with a
heavy weight to pull the cord back. It needs to be reliable and cheap,
so I don't like using lots of mechanical levers, or hydraulics or
electronics etc

Sounds a bit Heath Robinsonish...is there really no way of getting it
fitted inside .even high level perhaps ....what happens in the winter
with frosts ( re water inlet)?

The water never freezes. It's in northern NZ.
Heath Robinson is fine - it's basically a glorified pit toilet with a
flush device to wash the flap between the user and the pit!

Sounds delightful!!!

--
Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded .