Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Please help. drywall dust damage

benick wrote:

This is what happens when homeowners try to run their own job...The
sanding was normal...You said you have had TWO houses built and you
didn't realize there was dust involved with drywall

??? Exactly how
did you expect them to remove the popcorn from the ceiling ???Guess
what ?? the next drywall guys are gonna sand as well

Why on earth would anyone sand popcorn without taking appropriate steps to
prevent the spread of the dust? Sound like total incompetence to me. Wetting it
and scraping seems a lot more reasonable to me, Or at least setting up an
exhaust fan to create a negative pressure area, and sealing the nearby ducts,
etc.