Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Holddown screws for backfed main breakers

Regarding the thread above about the C-H electric service panel, I'm now
convinced that the holddown screws on the main breakers are required and
should be there.

So this is for a new panel; what about older existing ones? F'rinstance,
my friend with his old Federal Pacific panel (ugh, yes, I know, but it's
working fine); his main breakers are backfed. Should they have holddown
screws? Do such panels even have threaded holes for such screws?