Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Mach 3 Crashing PC

Bob La Londe wrote:
I have not fired up my mini mill for a couple weeks, but I need to engrave
some replacement number chips for a club I help run. Anyway, turned ont he
PC and started my controller the other day, and I have been dinking with it
off and on for about a week now.

Nothign seems to be wrong with the PC. All other software works. AVAST
says it has a clean bill of health. Memory tests are ok, but when I start
Mach 3 the PC reboots. Not always instantly, but everytime.

Following diagnostics were done.

Memory test
Re-install Mach 3
Install latest version of Mach 3
Unplug controller from LPT port
Start Mach 3 with different setup file.

Still crashes. I can run multiple other aps... no crash.

HELP!!!

Does it come up with a crash dump, ie BSOD, or does it just reboot which
would be unusual. In cases like this you need to provide as much
descriptive evidence as possible to allow others to get a toe hold on
what might be the problem if it isn't already obvious to others.