Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What voltage for 18 inch satellite dishes?

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:50:49 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

If you truly want to use that antenna you need to mount it on a mock
dish. Then you need to apply voltage to it through one of the coaxial
connectors. With a real dish you would use diplexors on both ends.
How you separate the DC from TV signal is up to your ingenuity.

Remember this antenna is omni directional and its performance will
depend on how well/high its mounted and distance from transmitter.
If you actually get it working in some semblance of normalcy I would
expect it to have a range of no more than 60 kilometers.

Can't add anything else so good luck.

I plan to give it a try. Not right away though. I'll try to post
back any results. Thanks a lot.