Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Crush Grind Peppermill

That looks like a simple tool to make with a file and a vise.

You might be able to find a large screw driver that can be ground down
and then defined just right. I'm thinking of the 18" long thick ones.
Provided handle and shaft.

You can make a paper overlay for easy testing while filing / grinding.

Martin

Russ Stanton wrote:
Thanks Duncan

I went to the web site and looked at the sketch of the tool and believe
I can make this. Being in the US I would probably not be able to easily
get the special made tool from Stiles and Bates. If you have any other
suggestions on a source of the scraper for this application I would
appreciate it, especially if I have trouble making the tool.
Russ
"Duncan Hoyle" wrote in message
Duncan Hoyle wrote:

There are now a couple of places selling scrapers to make the groove but
it's pretty easy to make your own, and that's what I did.
If you go to the Stiles and Bates website and look at their Crushgrind
page you'll see one, along with dimensions (although you can just work
from the actual mechanism).

Hope that helps. If you need more info just ask

Duncan

Sorry, I forgot to give a link - they have long urls so I've shortened
it - http://tinyurl.com/lnkohg

Duncan