Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell[_2_] SteveBell[_2_] is offline

Default Best way to get spots out of a carpet?

LouB | 2009-07-21 | 12:49:15 AM wrote:

SteveBell wrote:
LouB | 2009-07-20 | 10:57:16 AM wrote:

Best way to get spots out of a tan carpet?

It depends on the spot, but I've had good luck with mineral spirits
(MS). I learned the trick from a carpet cleaner who kept a spray
bottle of MS on his belt as he worked the wand. If a spot wouldn't
come up with the detergent from the wand, he'd spray the spot with
the MS, rub it a bit with the wand, then suck everything out with
the wand.

Aren't MS an oil??

Well, mineral spirits is an "oil-based" solvent, in that it sometimes
comes from petroleum, but it's not an oil in the lubricant sense.
Mineral spirits will evaporate at room temperature if you just let it
sit, leaving no residue to speak of.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement