Posted to alt.home.repair
K K is offline

Default Best way to get spots out of a carpet?

LouB wrote:
Observer wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:57:16 -0400, LouB wrote:

Best way to get spots out of a tan carpet?

From experience please.

TIA

Lou

A long time ago a carpet installer told me to use club soda. It has
worked for me with babies and animals. It may not do everything but
it has worked for me with babies and pets. And compared to foam type
cleaners I used to use, it's a lot cheaper, lasts longer (refrig) and
leaves no residue stains. It used to easy to buy but nowadays you
might have to go to a larger grocery store or liquor store to buy it.

Interesting!!
Thanks

Lou

I'm back after spending several hrs this morning cleaning the carpet with a
Hoover "steam" cleaner, which uses no steam. Even so, The overall look of
the carpet is much better than before, although there are still some dark
spots that I'll try some of the suggestions from this thread on. I want to
give it overnight to dry thoroughly, and then I'll try the hands-and-knees
approach with a scrub brush and some of the recommended cleaners. Club soda
is intriguing, because now I remember my father using club soda on pesky
stains.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Keith