Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Clutch Master Cylinders

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:26:27 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

I can't help on you question, but if there are any GM clutch master
cylinder experts out there I'd like to hear from them. I've been
fighting with the POS GM clutch MCs on my truck for quite some time and
am about ready to fabricate my own MC and be done with their garbage.
I'm not sure the slave cylinder is much better either, but it's more
work to try to fabricate one. The problems I keep having are with
intermittent failure to release, very irritating.

Any chance that you have had the flywheel ground?

Way back, when GM first went to the hydraulic clutch in
there pickup trucks this caused headaches. My brother-inlaw
had his flywheel ground when he replaced the clutch. Then he
had problems getting it to release. Back then they had two
special spacer plates to solve the problem. That was what he
ended up having to do, tear it back down and install a
spacer plate (between the flywheel and motor side).

Personally, I would much rather have a mechanical clutch

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b