Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB[_2_] LouB[_2_] is offline

Default Best way to get spots out of a carpet?

Smitty Two wrote:
In article , LouB

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:57:16 -0400, LouB wrote:

Best way to get spots out of a tan carpet?

From experience please.

TIA

Lou
What type of tan carpet? Berber?
It makes a difference.

What type of spots? Paint?
It makes a difference.

If you truly want your carpet clean then you must work at it.
The first thing to do is put enough effort into it by posting the
specifics of your problem. If you can't put forth that effort then
you'll never put enough effort on the carpet to clean it anyway.

Uhh I guess you did not notice but quite a few nice folks gave helpful
replies already, for which I thank all.

Lou

Nevertheless, the best "carpet cleaner" is a professional. I don't mean
the "3 rooms for $49" guys. I mean the $300/room guys. Of course they
have a truck mounted machine that costs $150,000, but they also use a
variety of products to treat different types of spots. So I have to
agree that the type of carpeting and the type of spot is useful info.
Until you get your spot out, don't be too quick to assess the
"helpfulness" of the generic suggestions you've gotten.

Carpet is not that good and I don't have that kind of moneysigh