Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Russ Stanton Russ Stanton is offline

Default Crush Grind Peppermill

I am ready to try turning a peppermill and have a crush grind mechanism from
Packard. The directions indicate that I need to trun two grooves one inside
the body and the other inside the cap. These grooves are sort of like a
groove for a snap ring. They actually hold the mechanism in the body and the
truning mechanism in the cap.

Has anyone turned a peppermill using this mechanism. I am not sure what to
use to make the groove. The groove needs to be about 2 1/4 inches up from
the bottom of the body and about 3/4 inch up from the bottom of the cap.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Russ