Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bite Me Bite Me is offline

Default Mach 3 Crashing PC

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Bob La Londe wrote:

I have not fired up my mini mill for a couple weeks, but I need to
engrave
some replacement number chips for a club I help run. Anyway, turned ont
he
PC and started my controller the other day, and I have been dinking with
it
off and on for about a week now.

Nothign seems to be wrong with the PC. All other software works. AVAST
says it has a clean bill of health. Memory tests are ok, but when I
start
Mach 3 the PC reboots. Not always instantly, but everytime.

Following diagnostics were done.

Memory test
Re-install Mach 3
Install latest version of Mach 3
Unplug controller from LPT port
Start Mach 3 with different setup file.

Still crashes. I can run multiple other aps... no crash.

HELP!!!

I'd suggest posting on the Machsupport forum where you will likely get
faster response.

I did.

It sounds like the Mach pulser driver is hosed, have you ensured that
got reinstalled?

??? parrallel port driver?

It had begun crashing before the upgrade anyway. Hence why I re-installed
and then upgraded.

Also have you checked at BIOS level to see if the
config for the LPT port(s) didn't magically get "plug and played" and
change addresses?

That I will check. Not sure how that would cause the software to crash the
PC and reboot, but I'll check it just to be safe.