Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nicholas Bodley[_2_] Nicholas Bodley[_2_] is offline

Default UPS: "Do not connect laser printer..." -- Epsons; RX-580

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:35:39 -0400, Phil Hobbs wrote:

I have an Epson all-in-one, which works great except that if even one
ink colour is low, it won't let you do _anything_. On Saturday it
wouldn't even let me _scan_ until I replaced the yellow ink.

A friend gave me an Epson RX-580 with some clogging, and most carts were
nearly empty. Same story. Nasty of them! Doesn't generate good will.

Btw, figuring that it was worth it, I dismantled the RX-580 just to see
and learn as much as I could. If you have any problems with the printer's
feed, etc. mechanism, may the Creator's grace be with you! They are
awesomely inaccessible.

The excess-ink absorbing block is simply huge, btw.

--
Nicabod =+= Waltham, Mass.