Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.lighting
Nicholas Bodley[_2_] Nicholas Bodley[_2_] is offline

Default Strange CFL Failure Mode

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:38:16 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

I don't think I have ever had a domestic incandescent light bulb [...]

This commentary reminded me of a quite-unpleasant experience in late
boyhood. Apparently, an incandescent bulb in the cellar had a film of
moisture on it (it had just been turned on). When I touched the glass, I
got a nasty shock; damp concrete floor, etc. The socket must have been
wired with its threaded shell to the hot side of the line.

Not the bulb's fault, of course.

Btw, hot glass is conductive, just about certain.

Regards,
--
Nicabod =+= Waltham, Mass.