Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB[_2_] LouB[_2_] is offline

Default Best way to get spots out of a carpet?

SteveBell wrote:
LouB | 2009-07-20 | 10:57:16 AM wrote:

Best way to get spots out of a tan carpet?

It depends on the spot, but I've had good luck with mineral spirits
(MS). I learned the trick from a carpet cleaner who kept a spray bottle
of MS on his belt as he worked the wand. If a spot wouldn't come up
with the detergent from the wand, he'd spray the spot with the MS, rub
it a bit with the wand, then suck everything out with the wand.

I've also had good luck with Goof-Off for spots like paint. I saturate
the spot, then suck everything out with a shop vacuum.

Be careful of making a spot that's much cleaner than everything else.

Aren't MS an oil??

That last item is a worry too.

Lou