Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default HF Oscillating Multi-Function Tool

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Red Green wrote:
Actually got to use it today for a classic rot application - replace
bottom couple of feet of brick molding at garage. Personally, I'd
just replace the entire length but it was for someone el$queeke.

It worked awesome. Nice clean straight cut in no time. The fact that
it's only single speed was not an issue this time. And as mentioned,
the case head get very warm very quick. Not sure I'd like to be using
this for long periods.

Can't wait till it craps out...so I can justify a Fein :-)

Suggestion, if you're not gonna get one of the better ones in the
$150+ range, get one of these. A few uses will make you glad you
spent the $35 (with HF coupon) or so.

Glad you like it.

I've really stressed mine - and you're right: the case does get warm.
But never hot. It gets up to the toasty level and stays there.

If you've got a rotary Dremel, you can "resharpen" your worn down
blades. Just cut as many 1/16" deep slots in the blade face as you can
manage and you're good to go.

Well, it's HF. So I figure when the blade gets dull I can just manually
hammer on the back while running it. Kinda like a hammer drill...sorta
:-)