Posted to alt.home.repair
Mysterious Traveler Mysterious Traveler is offline

Default CF wierdness, glowing flickering turned off

wrote:
Came home tonight to find my CF bulb on my exterior door light
flickering and barely glowing. Assumed the new bulb was bad till I got
inside to turn off the switch and found it already off.

I guess I will have to check the voltage at that outlet. How wierd.

Its hard to reach lamp is over steps

Anyone else have this happen?

I had a problem that wasn't exactly like that. I had a CF bulb in a
socket where the bulb was horizontal, and always on, in the utility
room. When I got home it was melting and sparking. Fortunately the
floor was cement so no fire started.

Mysterious Traveler